Drop it on The One

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

D-list Celebrity Sighting and Halloween Nighting

I saw Melrose from America's Next Top Model running down to catch the subway while on her cell phone. At first, I just thought she just looked familiar, but within 10 seconds...it hit me.

So speaking of celebrities, Bas and I became two bad-ass celebrities for Halloween. I was the infamous Flava Flav and Bas was Brigitte Nielsen of Strange Love, Rocky IV (Drago's wife) and the real ex-wife of Sylvester Stallone. This was fitting because I am a short black girl and my huband is a tall, blond white boy.

If you happen to read this blog, then you know that I love Halloween. And one of my missions in life was to get my husband to love it as much as I do because he's never even dressed up once before me. It really helps when you have a great costume and you get lots of attention from it. And boy did we. Everyone loved our costume. As they should...it was a great idea and executed perfectly, if I may say so myself. Thanks for help with the idea Lisa.

We ended up purchasing tickets to this club called Plumm. This club is owned by a plethora of actors and musicians including Chris Noth (Mr. Big from Sex in the City) and Damon Dash, to name a couple. Supposedly this is where all the stars like to go, although besides Brig and Flav (woot-woot!)...we didn't see any real ones. Not that we care.
But mostly everyone was dressed except for the few people we referred to as "lame asses." I mean for real. Why go out on Halloween (pay $35 to get in) and NOT dress up? I mean...at least SOMETHING. A crazy wig. Funny glasses. A headband. Something dammit. My all-time favorite last minute-didn't buy a costume costume is to throw a pot on your head. A pot head! He. He.
Some of the other costumes there was Ali G (boo-yah), The Verizon guy (can u hear me now?) , E-coli spinach (remember the scare?), Wolverine, a golddigger, the game-Operation and a few others I can't recall right now. Of course there was the usual HO-loween costumes. That is, girls using halloween as an excuse to dress like a ho. Police officers, devils, french maids, nurses, bunnies etc, etc.
Snore.
But the music was cool and it was decently spacious enough to be comfortable. We had a great time. The only part that sucked is that it was soooo cold and windy that we couldn't walk around and check out costumes after leaving the bar.
But the best part of the night was this......after we left the club Bas says, "What are we going to be next year?"
I smiled with my Flava Flav gold-toothed grin and thought, Mission Accomplished!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home