Drop it on The One

Friday, April 07, 2006

THE Lenny Kravitz Story!

I tried to share this blog with my husband the other day. We read one post and he was done with it. He's not even interested in stories about himself or his "boops" told from my very own perspective. If he's not even intersted, I can't imagine that anyone else out there in cyber-space would be. But I tell all of you that all the time, well I tell Anthony (my loyal and only blog reader)-luv ya dude!

I read another blog called New York Hack: http://newyorkhack.blogspot.com/
It is written by this this feamle cab driver. I heard about it because a few months back they highlighted her on the news. And being that I sometimes get very bored at work and I am always in search of pointless timewasting materials, I jumped at the chance to read what it is like to be a cab driver, much less a female one in NYC. Well, she (i don't even know her name, yet I know her so well) just announced that she was given a book deal because of her blogging ways. That's awesome. Damn, I wish I could have some luck like that. But her life is much more interresting than mine, you see. I don't think too many people want to know about a day (or 100) in the life of an administrative assistant. Or a married woman for that matter.

In my single and wild days, however I would have quite a few little nuggets of juicy stories for you folks. Unfortunately, in my younger years, computers were still only for the rich. And the internet was this peculiar, celestial, misunderstood "thing" that only technologically advanced, eggheaded, IBM dudes knew about. So, blogging was still about ten years off.

So, I at one point in this blog, promised I would share my "meeting Lenny Kravitz" story wit-cha.
And given that Ant has heard this a million times, I am hoping that some bored receptionist working at a software company will stumble upon my blog and think this entry is cool and start reading other posts. Loving those, she tells all her friends about it. They start reading and tell their friends. Finally, her boyfriend's friend's sister's baby momma...twice removed...reads it and she works for the New York Times and does this front page story on it. Next thing you know, my blog blows up huge and I get a book deal, just like New York Hack. Then I work my money (because the book goes worldwide, of course) quit my job and then blog about a millionaire's life! Then that becomes huge because everyone knows me from "Drop It On The One" and so the story goes...........Huh? Oh. Yes. I'm awake. Sorry.

So here, just for you (we'll call you Sara-the bored receptionist) my world famous (among my friends, at least) story about meeting Lenny Kravitz:

When I was 21, I loved me some Lenny Kravitz. "Are you Gonna Go My Way?" Yes, yes I am! My girlfriend Trecia and I flew to NY that same year to visit our girl Lisa. We saw Lenny at Radio City Music Hall. FABULOUS! Just FABULOUS!
So, a few months later, his tour landed in Fort Lauderdale. As poor as our hippie asses were we saved up enough money to purchase tickets. We rocked out during the concert. After it was over, we thought it would be fun to try to get backstage passes from one of the roadies.
Never believing it was actually going to happen, I said to one of the men mulling around on the stage in true groopie fashion, "I know you can get backstage passes. I know you can. And I would like you to please give me one for me and my friend." And low and behold he handed them right over, no arguements at all.
Long boring part made short......forward to about two hours after hanging......we actually came into contact with him.
My friend Trecia was awesome. She was all, "Hey Lenny come over here. Blah, blah, blah, blah blah. Do you want to smoke it up with us?" And he's all, "Sure!"
And we were like, "Okay we'll be right back then."
You see, we let our friend Pete (who rode with us) hold our stash. And of course after two hours of not being able to find us, he bolted. So Lenny was waiting and we had no stuff! Wah! Don't worry, not over yet.
We went back to him, explained the situation and said we could come back tomorrow with some real-ass chronic shit (he had a second concert the next night, same place). Although back then, it wasn't called chronic yet. I think that was another 3 or 4 years in the future. But you get me, right Sara?
So we made sure that Lenny communicated his wish for us to come back the next day to all the security guards. And so we did.
===Something I'll never let my friend Trecia live down: I said let's stop by my parents and pick up their camera. She says, "No, we're going to be late!" After we arrived we ended up waiting like 45 minutes before we could get in anyway! Damn bitch! Don't worry she knows I say that. She kicks herself in the ass over it too!======

Again, long boring part short. We watched the concert from side stage. Cool, huh?
And when Len was done signing autographs, Trecia said to him, "You ready?" And he said, "Awww girls, I have to do this interview with Latin MTV and then we have to leave for New Orleans right away. But....................CAN I HAVE THE JOINT ANYWAY???????????" And of course we couldn't say no. So we handed it over.
Of course we were extremely disappointed (ok, crushed) because you know we were all day taking about what we were going to talk to him about, how he would become our lifelong friend and bragging hard to our friends and family about how we would be hangin' with LK later on that day.
But I can't complain because you must admit that is a blog-worthy story. And it never gets freakin' old to anyone. I bet Ant was even okay with reading it-yet again.

One more nugget: I also went backstage to meet Ziggy Marley once. It wasn't quite as exciting as this one. I wouldn't even devote an entire post to it. Really it amounted to him signing an autograpgh for me and my friend Alex. No joints and no invitations to the next day's concert.

Oh, one last nugget: When I was ten I shook Al Jarreau's hand at his concert. Don't know who he is? Google him. A singer from back in the day.
Okay, not really a nugget.........more like a crumb.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger gelvis said...

Yes, I always HATE that story. You know why, of course? Because I wasn't there with yo asses! You always get to meet the celebs. Wahh, not fair:( You should tell the complete story of Nsync (including how Trecia just had to suck somebody's dick) I wonder if she did it because he was famous, or just because she's Trecia? Well, in her spirit...GOTTA GO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home