Drop it on The One

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Had A Wife, Couldn't Keep Her

I know, I know, my friends.....I've been gone for a long time. I been getting some fan mail complaining that I haven't updated my blog and boy were they nasty (Yo, Anthony). And rightfully so. But now I am back.
So, my reasons for being away for so long was that I got fired from my old job.
Well, maybe not really fired. Laid off, due to "corporate restructuring."
But the real story is this: I asked for more money because those bastards were trying to jip a sister by paying her at least 10K less than she should have been making.
How do I know you ask?
Well, I did a salary report on salary.com (and a few other salary sites) and it said, "Sista, you are being WAY underpaid. Step up to your boss and demand more money or get to steppin' You could be doing much better." So I did. And to make a long story short, Peter-the prick- said no. He said that the company underpays everyone!
Hmmm that's funny since he enjoys a 200K base salary plus bonuses that really equals up to about 300K. HE surely wasn't being underpaid.
So, I had every intention of finding another job and although I didn't say it to him, I KNOW he knew it. And Bas and I had discussed the possibility that if I asked for more money, he'd probably say no and then fire me.
But my plan was to be out of there within two months.
But that jerk beat me to the punch and found someone to replace me first. And I knew he was up to something. I even told my girl Trecia that I was going to be fired soon and she said I was being paranoid. Guess not.
So he said they wanted to get someone with an accounting degree in that position so they could get rid of the outside accountant.
But it really worked out completely to my advantage because I got to take the summer off, collect unemployment and be a housewife for two good months. Not only was my home immaculate; I made the best homemade dinners. Plus, the summers are slow for Bas, so he would be home at like 12:30. We had a really fun summer together.
His friends visited us from London. My friends came from Gainesville.
My niece, Cierra came for a week. And we also took several camping trips...including a week up in the Adirondack Mountains.
Good times. Good times. Good times.
So, now I am back working again. This is my third day and really, I don't have too much to do yet. So here I am. I love this company. And it happens to be a PR firm, which is what I have my degree in. I'm not working as a PR person, but it is nice to be in this environment.
And damn right bitches, I am making 11K more than my last job. So fuck you Peter! And thank you salary.com!
Oh, and I get five weeks vacation, right off the bat! So suck on it, Peter!
Plus, my benefits are completely paid for by the company. They pay for Bas too. I mention that because Peter tried to make me believe that my old company was the only one to practice that. Obviously........not the case!
So, in your face, Peter.

You damn pumpkin eater-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home